Friday, March 27, 2009

I Think I Am


What do you think about? As you go through your day, what fires your imagination? Today my friend Steve reminded me of Brennan Manning’s point that even a poor person can be obsessed with money if getting money is all he thinks about. Who do you think about? I tend to think about what I want to eat, what I want to buy, where I want to go, what I want to do or who I want to talk with. I want to think more about who doesn’t have something to eat, who I can buy something for, who doesn’t have the freedom to move where they want, who I could do something for and who needs someone to listen. What I think about – Who I think about – doesn’t fall in line with the person I want to be – or maybe it really does.

1 comment:

El Josh AKA Ruby said...

I spend a majority of my time trying to figure out how and what I'm doing with and once I am finished with college. The rest of my free time is left to the numbing effect of the massive of amount of cartoons I watch in order to remove myself from the so called "read world"

Disclaimer!

Please note that the advertisements from Google or Ad Sense are not necessarily recommended by DarthBode, Lord Moonbat or any other member of this blog's editorial team. Recommended resources are clearly marked.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels

When you support RMR, you help us to serve...

  • The members and staff of the St. Johns Youth Group, Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • The staff of Capernaum Ministries, Wichita, Kansas
  • The staff and membership of Hilltop Urban Church, Wichita, Kansas