Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Frank Warren compiled an assortment of anonymous postcards which were sent to My Secret (New York: Regan, An Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 2006). These were confessions and observations sent in and then assembled in a book. They provide further proof that all of us are broken and all of us want to be known. Here are some of the submissions:

“When you were in the ICU I took your picture. I wanted you to see what you looked like, so you might go into rehab. I never showed you the picture, you never went into rehab, and I never forgave myself. I am so sorry.”


“Though I’m afraid you’ll never speak to me again I’m pretty sure I’m better off that way.”

“My Mom put a star on the calendar for every day I haven’t cut myself. I don’t deserve 5 of those stars.”

“I forgive the man who raped me.”

“I’ve been trying to be you for so long that I forgot what its like to be me.”


If you want to see more, you can go to http://postsecret.blogspot.com/.


What is your secret?

Why do you have to keep it?

No comments:

Disclaimer!

Please note that the advertisements from Google or Ad Sense are not necessarily recommended by DarthBode, Lord Moonbat or any other member of this blog's editorial team. Recommended resources are clearly marked.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels

When you support RMR, you help us to serve...

  • The members and staff of the St. Johns Youth Group, Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • The staff of Capernaum Ministries, Wichita, Kansas
  • The staff and membership of Hilltop Urban Church, Wichita, Kansas