Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 (Plus 2) Random Bodie Facts/Thoughts


"Trendy" is not a good word to describe me. But, there has been a challenge going around Facebook and other places asking people to compile a list of 25 Random Thoughts or Ideas. So, dear blog reader, please allow me to apologize now for the following list. We will resume with something that matters tomorrow.

Two Universal Truths: The Boston Red Sox are the greatest baseball team and if Raspberry Ice Cream would have been the first ice cream invented, we would not have any other flavors because you cannot improve on perfection.

1. I often wonder if I have seen a cow that I have eaten later.

2. I try to go to Toys R Us at least once a month just to look at all the toys.

3. Great horror films trust that the audience's imagination is more terrible than anything that can be shown on screen.

4. I still laugh at the classic Warner Brother's Looney Tunes cartoons.

5. "Pinky and the Brain" are one of the few recent cartoons worth watching.

6. I have always wanted to visit Transylvania and it is one of just a couple of things on my "Bucket List."

7. Whenever I hear of some horrible criminal, I always wonder if someone could have reached them when they were younger.

8. Gargoyles are our friends. At least that is what they tell me.

9. When I had my bypass surgery, I had over 150 staples in me. It kinda made me feel like Pinhead from "Hellraiser" - kinda.

10. There is no greater gift than friendship - none.

11. It is a WHOLE lot easier to talk about doing great things than it is to do them.

12. Seeing mentally or physically challenged young or old people can make me cry.

13. There is no sin worse than betrayal.

14. People that are insecure in their beliefs cannot tolerate humor or challenge. Those that are secure in their beliefs can tolerate both.

15. Sometimes we like big causes like Global Warming because it makes us feel better about all of the needs closest to us that we are ignoring.

16. Many of the people that we do not think will stay with us will. Many of those we think will stay will not.

17. You will never see a hearse towing a UHaul trailer.

18. Five is my favorite number.

19. Black is my favorite color.

20. If a monster suddenly appeared, I would probably run toward it instead of away from it. After all, how often are you gonna see something like that?

21. People lie a lot. We lie much, much more than we'd like to admit.

22. Stuffed animals kinda creep me out.

23. I was named after Cheyenne Bodie the gunslinger and I have an autographed picture of the actor who portrayed him signed to his "namesake" Bodie.

24. Another thing on my bucket list is going to Oktoberfest in Germany.

25. I absolutely cannot believe I actually filled one of these out. Zach and Oliver, never doubt my love for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No. 14. Now there's a thought I've been chewing on for a while now -- especially when I find something unfunny or challenging. Rock on, Bodie!

Disclaimer!

Please note that the advertisements from Google or Ad Sense are not necessarily recommended by DarthBode, Lord Moonbat or any other member of this blog's editorial team. Recommended resources are clearly marked.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels

When you support RMR, you help us to serve...

  • The members and staff of the St. Johns Youth Group, Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • The staff of Capernaum Ministries, Wichita, Kansas
  • The staff and membership of Hilltop Urban Church, Wichita, Kansas