Monday, May 5, 2008

Intentionally Clueless

One of the reasons that I had such a struggle with gossip was the desire to want to know everything that was going on. As the REO Speedwagon song says, "Talk is cheap when the story is good." Hearing about the faults and outrages of others gave me some amount of smug self-satisfaction. But, as I have tried to work diligently on taming my ears, I have discovered two cool things about not listening to gossip. First, those that really love me don't listen to gossip about me and I don't listen to gossip about the people I love. Love always protects. Secondly, it is good to be ignorant about some things. Yes, there is a benefit in being clueless. If someone really wants you to know about a struggle in their life, they'll tell you. If they don't, it may mean that they don't want your help or they have no desire to change. I'm liking this!

No comments:

Disclaimer!

Please note that the advertisements from Google or Ad Sense are not necessarily recommended by DarthBode, Lord Moonbat or any other member of this blog's editorial team. Recommended resources are clearly marked.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels

When you support RMR, you help us to serve...

  • The members and staff of the St. Johns Youth Group, Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • The staff of Capernaum Ministries, Wichita, Kansas
  • The staff and membership of Hilltop Urban Church, Wichita, Kansas