Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Self-Contained

Paying attention to the condition of your soul is different than constant self-examination. We think about what is most important to us. When we are constantly thinking about ourselves - our motives, our intentions, our desires - we are declaring clearly what is most important to us: ourselves. This constant self-scrutiny takes away from energy properly spent on the Father and others. Self absorption leaves little for others.

What would happen if I took half of the time that I spend thinking about myself - my appearance, my financial security, my goals, my objectives - and invested that time in thinking about others? What could be transformed by seeing myself through the Father's eyes instead of the eyes of self?


"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God." 1 Corinthians 4:3-5

No comments:

Disclaimer!

Please note that the advertisements from Google or Ad Sense are not necessarily recommended by DarthBode, Lord Moonbat or any other member of this blog's editorial team. Recommended resources are clearly marked.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels

When you support RMR, you help us to serve...

  • The members and staff of the St. Johns Youth Group, Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • The staff of Capernaum Ministries, Wichita, Kansas
  • The staff and membership of Hilltop Urban Church, Wichita, Kansas